Monday, May 23, 2011

Fun With Flags

My fun sister-in-law emailed the other day to ask about "Those triangle flags you see in weddings and parties lately."  I told her all about bunting and I got inspired to try my own. 


So of course, I now have...


in the shop.  I can't help myself.  I had such a great time making it and it is really straight-forward.  It costs a lot if you buy it premade, but if you are willing to do the work, you can get the pattern and kits and do it yourself.  It's a great high quality pattern with all sorts of pictures and digrams to make it easy.  PLUS,  the bunting is double-sided so it will last a nice, long time. 

I have seen this in photo shoots, baby showers, weddings, parties, bbq's, bedrooms... just about anywhere.  It's a lot of fun.  So... dive into the bunting.  Don't you love that word?  BUNTING!


PS.  Linked Up...

*All Things Heart and Home  *  It's Sew For You  *  Not Just a Housewife  *  Creative Itch  *  Quiltstory Ladybug Blessings  *  Sew Much Ado  *  Trendy Treehouse  *  Sew Chatty * Women Who Do It AllSugar and Dots * Li'l Luna * Tea Rose Home * Polka Dots on Parade * Somewhat SimpleFireflies and Jellybeans  *  Blue Cricket Design  *  733 blog  *  House of Hepworth's  * Paisley Passions  *  A Glimpse Inside  *  Fingerprints On the Fridge  *  Fun To Craft  *  At The Picket Fence  *  Stuff and Nonsense  *  Inspiring Creations * Just a GirlSassy Sites504 Main  *  WhipperBerry  *  Sew Many Ways  *  The Girl Creative  *  Making the World Cuter  *  A Round Tuit  *  Sumo's Sweet Stuff  *  Life Made Lovely  *  C.R.A.F.T.  *  Sew Modern Monday  *

19 comments:

Jill said...

beautiful bunting! I made some for the first time last month for my girls birthdays! I love that I now have decorations for every occasion!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!
Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

The Autocrat: Haley said...

Great fabric selection!

littlemissmk said...

ooh- love it!

Angie @ craftedAngles said...

Cute cute flags - you are ready for a party now!

Katie said...

Super cute! I love bunting and the fabrics you choose are awesome! I'd love if you linked up to Sew Woodsy.

Kath said...

oh man I love penant banners. these fabrics are so fun.

kathryn
www.thedragonsfairytail.blogspot.com

Quiltstory said...

Love buntings/banners/pennants!! :) You colors are DELICIOUS!!!!! Thanks for linking to Quilt Story :)

sewhappiness said...

Love that bunting:) It looks so great:) Thanks for sharing!!
xo

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

Really pretty bunting! Love the colors.

Kristine@thefoleyfam said...

LOVE the colors!!! SO pretty! Great job!

http://jandmseyecandy.blogspot.com/

PaperVine said...

These are so pretty - they look wonderful!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

annies home said...

love the fact that the flags are hues that welcome the outside they look awesome and attract lots of attention

Unknown said...

oh, my! This is so darn cute. I love, love the colors you have used.
xo
lynn

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Gorgeous! I love the colors you used--and it's so lovely outside!!

Courtney ~ French Country Cottage said...

What charmers your little flags are! The color and pattern mix is darling! Stopping by from F.U. today~ stop by my blog and say hello sometime! Have a great weekend!

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life said...

I love the colors you chose!

I'm a new follower from Quilt Story!

Sarah @ This Crazy Blessed Life

Lindsey said...

Love the fabric you used! So pretty!

AsylumTanya said...

Your bunting is beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Whit said...

beautiful and I just love the colors. Thank you for sharing. Come and say hi and enter my Jamberry nail giveaway

A mommy's life...with a touch of YELLOW
tyandwhitneyulrich.blogspot.com