Monday, January 3, 2011

Yes... I Did Finish the Stockings...

Believe it or not, I did finish the stockings in time for the holiday, but it was close.

This turned out to be a super fun project and best of all... I have heirloom stockings that I LOVE, that will last for years.

Sure I could buy mass-produced Pottery Barn stockings for $70 a pop (and perhaps I would if I had that kind of cashola), but I opted to design my own.

So, maybe by next Christmas, I will post this pattern for you guys. We'll see.

I LOVE the blaket stitching on the toe and heel AND I love that this is fully lined and doubled up with felt so they are sturdy and thick.

This is a definite keeper! Hope you all had a great Christmas and here's to a wonderful 2011 to you all!!!



PS. We just hit 200 followers!!! I'll do a sweet giveaway in a few days. Keep checking back.


3 comments:

Larri said...

Gorgeous! Yes, please post the pattern/tutorial...maybe around Thanksgiving? It'd probably take me that long before I'd have them up in time for Christmas. On second thought, maybe a Christmas tutorial in July? LOL! They are so pretty. Thanks for sharing. Congrats on hitting 200 followers. Happy Monday! :o)

PS...My word verification is JINGLER...very appropriate, right? ;o)

Anna said...

True... I'd better shoot for a June/July tutorial. I know I need at least that long!

Rachel said...

Very cute!